Wednesday 21 September 2011

Perfect Red Lips

Red lips are a classic and have yet to go out of style. I must admit that I was part of the ‘there’s-no-way-i-can-pull-off-red-lips’ group, but I wear it with full confidence. Want to know how to wear a red lip? Well here are some simple but full-proof tips to get the perfect red lips.
1.      
Minimum Makeup: To avoid looking like a clown, you want to keep your face makeup as simple as possible. Apply black liner on the tops of your lids only and add some mascara, making sure to apply to your bottom lashes as this will open up your eyes (spider lashes would give the look more of an edgy feel).
2.       Line Inside Your Lips: to minimise feathering and bleeding, fill in your lips with liner first. Choose the appropriate colour to match your lipstick.
3.       Pick your Colour: If you have a cool complexion, choose cooler reds like a true red or a pinkish red. If you have a warm complexion, choose warmer reds with a brown base, like a brick or rusty red.
4.       Blending Is In: Many makeup artists blend several colours together to create the perfect colour, but make sure you try it out a series of options before you go out.
5.       Setting Time:  To set your Lipstick you can blot with a tissue and lightly dust your lips with powder to give it extra staying power
Voila! Remember to confident and you will look stunning!

What is your favourite Red Lipstick?

P.S photo is from here

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I followed! Please checko ut mine and follow me? Thanks :)
    http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    cami

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was bold enough to wear lipstick like that! Your blog is great. Check mine out and follow if you'd like.

    http://liveoutloud14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips and tricks! My favorite red lipstick is by Revlon.

    Marija
    rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never wear bright red lips, its looks amazing on other people, but I just look odd lol xxx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete